Thursday, November 04, 2004

at 11/04/2004 07:14:00 AM Labels: Posted by Tim Mooney

For what is probably obvious from earlier posts, I am still catching up on the sleep. The promised wrap-up of election day will be posted this evening. In the meantime, let me share a quick story. Right before 8 PM I met a young, red sweatshirt clad Republican monitoring the line outside Multnomah County Board of Elections. He was very defensive, but I shook his hand and said there's a lot of work (I avoided using the term "hard work" although the comedic implication is delicious in retrospect) for all of us to come together. He muttered agreement, but I really did not feel like his heart was behind it. That moment encapsulates the sadness of what is to come. Neither of us knew who was going to win, and my intent was to make a genuine, from-the-heart offer of reconcilliation. He wasn't buying, and I'm afraid too many people on both sides are with him. It seems this cartoon exhibits what is out there.



And this is too funny... Boondocks (click on it for a better look):

0 comments: